Wednesday 21 November 2012

Excellent weekend

This weekend I did not join the IHSW as I was visiting my family in the North East of England. I had an excellent weekend, this time Ed' (my OH) came with me. He has never been to the North East before. I can't wait to go back again.

Ah! The coast, Seaburn.
I've not done much stitching lately but I did get the planned backstitch on the trio of poppies done and I started another Christmas card. Here's photos of a recent Christmas ornament exchange.

I made this, I know it's a bit odd shaped but it was my first "proper" finish on the sewing machine.

This is the lovely ornament I received. 
I bought 2 charts in the HAED 50% sale, QS Cherished Moments and Spangler's mini curl up with a good book. I absolutely love Spangler's dragons. I've signed up to HAED SAL, I chose QS Mystic Garden as I would prefer to wait for Literate Dragon to be released as a mini. For now I'll try to get as much done on the Christmas cards as possible.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you had a nice trip! I too am doing Mystic Garden for the SAL :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and all comments are appreciated.