Tuesday 14 June 2016

A few sewing finishes

I'm glad to say that I've had my sewing machine out and have managed to cross 3 items off my to do list. 

I made a sort of "mug rug" for my overlocker to sit on as it has sticky feet and pulls the glass out of the coffee table that has become it's temporary home (second photo). I didn't use a pattern for this and it was fairly straight forward. However, for the life of me I couldn't get the bias binding to sit nicely even though I had no problems when applying it to a sleeveless top. I received this fabric panel from Steph.


The next accessory for my overlocker was a nicer dust cover than the plastic sheet that came with it. I got the sewing fabric from a shop in Ely. I put this together using this tutorial which is specifically for this machine. I didn't have fusible fleece on hand so just used interfacing which doesn't seem heavy enough to me so I may add fleece at a later date.

Brother 1034D cover

Overlocker, mat and cover in it's temporary home
As I've begun to use my rotary cutter more, I decided I needed pattern weights instead of trying to manoeuvre around larger items from around the flat such as cups. I must say filling them with rice (without a funnel) and sewing the gaps closed was a tedious job. For these little delights, I used this tutorial
I still have two bags, a top and a skirt to finish sewing but there's also 3 cross stitch items that need to be finished by mid-July. Where do you all find the time to fit in multiple crafts?!

7 comments:

  1. Such beautiful things...I'm in awe of anyone who can make such pretty things on a sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh you're becoming a real sewing bee!!
    I must look at a cover for my sewing machine. Your look really good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! As long as I'm not on the sewing bee ;) Couldn't deal with the time constraints or things like the alteration challenge.

      Delete
  3. I can't sew to save my life, but those look pretty darn amazing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing sewing! I love those sewing weights, they're so cute. I still haven't touched my sewing machine - you're right, it's very hard to keep up with multiple crafts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) They may be cute but they're not heavy enough :/ You'll get around to it soon!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and all comments are appreciated.