Wednesday 29 June 2016

HMS Victory - finished!

Today, I finally finished the backstitch on HMS Victory so without further ado...

HMS Victory 29.06.2016

I love it! Not all of the backstitch looks great right now but I'm hoping when the framer stretches it that it will go back to how it is supposed to be. That's one of the downsides of long backstitches. It was a pleasure to work on this and my dad has requested one but he'll have to wait a while ;) 

I already know what I'm working on next, a trio of owls however I've got some other bits and pieces to sort out before then. See you all soon!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations- that's a great finish! I finished a similar project by Heritage a couple of years ago and the long backstitch looked great once it was framed. I'm sure yours will too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Ah that gives me hope! Otherwise I can't think of a way other than shorter stitches which won't give the same effect.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous finish, congrats!
    It's beautiful, and I love the bits of color the flags add to the sails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) They were nice bits of colour to stitch, made a change from the 6 shades of cream

      Delete
  3. Wow, congratulations!!!!
    It looks wonderful & I'm sure the framer will be extremely careful with it when he does his job ;)
    Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! It looks amazing finished!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and all comments are appreciated.