Sunday 30 October 2016

The Mini NCW - Batman version

After posting a photo of my Batman purse, a friend asked me to make her a smaller version in the same fabric so here it is...

I used the add on for the regular NCW which tells you how to make a smaller version. I made some changes to the materials. As I've used my purse more, I realised that it's not as sturdy as I'd like it to be so used a very stiff interfacing (almost like cardboard) for the flap and a firm interfacing for the rest including the zip pocket. For now it seems much sturdier than mine. 

My friend wanted a black lining rather than yellow and of course, it works well. I used a different brand for the turn lock as I was really disappointed that mine didn't quite fit together. This is one is much better and think I'll stick with Prym for them.

I will be making a matching washbag once the frames arrive and then I have another two mini NCWs waiting to be put together. Uni has started up again so I'm trying to find a good balance between crafting and working!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing job! You're so talented. Can't wait to see what else you make! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've got a few things to do but stuck with uni work at the moment :(

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and all comments are appreciated.