Friday 14 April 2017

Hygge CAL 2017 - Tips and Tricks

So I decided to join in on a crochet along - yes, I'm mad but this one is crochet (obviously) and a bit of embroidery/cross stitch! I was going to hold out but as soon as I got the email notification that they were in stock I caved! I bought the rainbow kit pictured above but love the look of pastel and mermaid too :)

The tips and tricks were released on the 8th February and it includes how to make a swatch to check your tension. I have made 2 swatches - one using the recommended 4.5mm hook and a 5mm hook as the swatch from the 4.5 was about 1cm too small. Oddly enough they have both come out to the same size - give or take a couple of mms. I did do the cross stitch heart on the 5mm swatch and considering just using the 4.5mm hook for better coverage when it comes to the cross stitch. What do you think?
Swatch using 5mm hook
 On a side note, I've found the issue I was having with the virus shawl so that's been allowed out of the naughty corner. How are you guys getting on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and all comments are appreciated.